Monday, July 31, 2006

Entrepreneur = Hitchhiker


When people ask me "What do you do?" - I usually pause and say "I am an entrepreneur". I never get a look of satisfaction with that answer - perhaps because it sounds like I am hiding something... or perhaps its because many people don't know what an entrepreneur does?

So, in order to rationalize in my own mind what I do... I looked for the best metaphor of what its like being an entrepreneur. What other occupation is filled with the risk, excitement, absence of order or predictability? And then it dawned on me - being an entrepreneur is like being a hitchhiker.

I borrowed the title of my blog from Roger Waters (Pink Floyds) album - so this is proof I am an entrepreneur - because I simply borrowed a brilliant idea from someone more brilliant then me. (but also in the entrepreneurial spirit - I want to return the favor - so here is the link to buy the album.)

I am not entirely sure what I am going to write about, or how often - but I felt it was time I started to share my experiences and stories for those about to become a hitchhiker.

No comments: